Important Note: Priceli is closing for the purpose of internal usage. Exsiting developers can use the service until 20/11/2016 using the 'commercial' paid plan. After this date the service will be officially closed.
Priceli API provide easy access to public prices and promotions information published by Israeli supermarket chains in accordance with Israeli public prices regulations. Priceli service is developed and provided by Rhizome Networks LTD. The service collect prices and promotion data from publicly distributed XML files and offer a unified API for accessing this data.
New regulations in Israel require large supermarket chains to public their prices for public. The data is published in the form of XML that makes it useless for end users. As for application developers, for using this data it is first require to collect the data aggregate it and make it available via API. Only this way application can efficiently use the data. Pricelii solve this problem!
Priceli is an automated service that collect data from XML files, aggregate the data in a dedicated database and provide an API for easy access to the data. The data is collected from the public resource where supermarkets post their XML files. Pricely read those XML files and collect the information in a way that make it easy for applications to use. This way developers focus on application logic and leave the task of data collection and aggregation to Priceli.
Priceli API is intend to be used by developers that want to use Priceli API or developing applications that require prices information for the Israeli market. The service and api on api.priceli.co.il service does not provide prices data for other countries then Israel. Registration to this website, at this moment, is required only for developers and in order to get the API Key for accessing API functionality.
- To start using Priceli API you first need to sign-up and get API Key. Once you approved your account will automatically be set with "Developer Account" where your API Key is presented.
- To access your API Keys click the "My Developer Account" tab on the main menu.
- The next step would be reading about authorization models so that you can setup the way your application uses the API key without exposing the key to your customers.
- Then use API documentation on this website to experient with various queries.
- Once you feel comfortable wth the API you can embed API calls within your application.
- As long as your application is developed and Priceli is experimented use the Development API Key. Using the key redirect your requests to use a system with partial data and your only development usage volume is counted. Using the development key is free.
- Once your application finished with experimenting Priceli you can switch to Product API Key. Using the production key will redirect your application request to use a system that is frequently update with prices data. This system include all the products that can be fetched from public exposure of the data (given system limitations as explained below).
If you have been blocked by anti-spam read instructions on the head of page, you may need to click the submit button again. If still blocked, please send us a message through contact form asking to add you to the network and we will create a user for you. Make sure to specify the Email you are using.
The Integration Status page shows the current status of data integration with various supermarket chains. In the near future we will add to this table the dynamic monitoring status used internally by Pricely so you can also check for updating status.
Pricely uses REST like API structure. To get some data developer construct a url that include a "path" that indicate the requested interface and zero or more parameters as required by each command. For example a URL for getting products of a given supermarket chain will have this structure:
http://api.priceli.co.il/v1/products?api_key=[your key]&chain_id=[some id]&store_id=[some id]&item_name_include=[some text]
1. http://api.priceli.co.il/v1 - is the base url for accessing the current version of the API
2. products - is the interface name, in this case getting list of products
3. ? - mark the custom parameters section
4. api_key=[your key] - the access_token parameter (see authorization models)
5. &chain_id=[some id]&store_id=[some id]&item_name_include=[some text] - some more parameters
Priceli is an automated system that perform the best effort to collect prices data as presented to the public in accordance with Israeli regulations. However there are and there will be cases in which data can not be collected or partially exist. Priceli is limited by what a software can achieve from the public resources. It does not responsible to the quality of data or to ability of fetching data for some given supermarket. Supermarkets that wants to transmit prices, promos and stores data directly into Priceli are welcome to contact and we will be able to setup an easy integration interface for doing that, either by providing FTP account or by using Upload API calls. Integration with supermarkets does not intend to replace the systems currently use for public exposure of prices data but provide a way for prices data to be available more reliably to applications through the Priceli API.